This Cali hotel is a veritable horticultural paradise
There’s something about stepping into a hotel room prepared with the utmost care and hospitality when, upon entering, you are immediately transported into vacation mode. But what if the dwelling in question was a bastion of botanical beauty, a customizable green space that was both luxurious and lush with verdant vegetation?
All of this and more is possible at the Healdsburg gem and sustainable haven of h2hotel. Located in California’s beautiful Sonoma County, the property is a breathtaking oasis from top to bottom, from its undulating green roof to its eco-friendly suites that can be decorated in bespoke greenery. A home away from home, the hotel’s “Living” Room package is a plant lover’s dream; a gardener’s getaway meant to maximize and relax while soaking up the horticultural vibe of Healdsburg, both on and off the property. And while it might be tempting to just stay put amidst the verdant garden of the room, the Healdsburg area offers plenty of reasons to get out and soak up the stunning scenery as well.
About the h2hotel in Healdsburg
Located in the heart of California’s lush Sonoma Valley, the h2hotel in Healdsburg is a botanical beauty that gives guests the chance to have a green thumb, even while on vacation. A bastion of sustainability, the horticultural paradise allows guests to create a home away from home with a fully customizable plant program and adds a lush and luxurious layer to any stay. Itself an organic wine country oasis, the hotel’s collaboration with local organic flower farm Dragonfly Floral allows guests to furnish their accommodation with their “Living” Room package – a leafy way to spice up their boudoir with a variety of pretty plants; and the perfect complement to the already sustainable environment of hr2otel.
The benefits of chic plants
The “Living” Room package allows guests to choose from a variety of draft plants from Dragonfly Farm’s extensive selection, ranging from ficus to ferns. Fresh, customizable foliage at guests’ fingertips is designed to “create a lush home away from home…and add a refreshing layer of enjoyment to a stay,” according to Piazza Hospitality, owners of h2hotel.
- Choose from a variety of lush live plants from the Dragonfly Floral Organic Flower Farm.
- Bring home a (living) keepsake with a take-home keepsake plant ($50 value)
- The “Living” room style costs $200 and does not include the nightly rate (Eco Suites start at $649/night). Check the hotel’s website for pricing information
- Take a free trip to Dragonfly Floral to stop and smell their over 1,500 varieties of roses
More luxury and sustainable amenities h2hotel
Haute horticultural-style amenities are just one of the many chic green perks offered by h2hotel as part of their mission to provide luxury eco-friendly experiences in Sonoma wine country. Dominated by plant-powered settings and deceptively simple decor, h2hotel combines luxe amenities with enduring style to create a unique haven that’s both understated and elegant. Below are some of the hotel’s top on-site perks that guests can expect on their beautiful botanical getaway.
- Solar-heated creekside pool
- On-site restaurant spoon bar
- Free Tesla and Universal charging stations
- Daily Sonoma Continental Breakfast
- In-room water bars; 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and bathrobes; signature bath products
- Free Ashtanga yoga class (Sunday morning)
- Bike storage and free bike rental for three hours
- Variety of on-site events, including happy hour, wine tastings, and yoga
Things to do near h2hotel de Healdsburg
While guests may be tempted to vacation in the comfort of a custom-designed horticultural retreat, there are a number of amazing activities to explore in beautiful Healdsburg; from Sonoma vineyards to fun on two wheels, there’s something for everyone in this stunning wine setting.
- Hit the road with an unforgettable biking adventure on the beautiful Healdsburg Loopor get your wine with the picturesque Vineyard Route
- There are a number of wineries (over 100!) near the h2hotel that are perfect for wine lovers and lovers of scenic nature, many of which are just a short bike ride away. Zinfandel fans will love it Dry Creek Valleywhile flavor connoisseurs will appreciate the variety of Alexander Valley options.
- Pamper yourself at The Healdsburg Spa Hotel.
- Explore the bustling downtown Healdsburg Plaza; take in the city farmers market on Saturdays and Tuesdays, then go to Healdsburg Museum for a taste of H-burg’s history.
- Have fun on the beach at Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach, located near the historic Memorial Bridge
- Head to nearby Russian River Valley for some adventures on the water
Where to dine in Healdsburg
The bar-spoon of the hotel restaurant serves delicious meals Wednesday through Sunday, and their seasonal California cuisine and back patio are perfect for soaking up the relaxing vibe of the vineyard. However, the Healdsburg area also offers guests a reason to venture off the property with a variety of delicious dining options within walking distance that are sure to please any palate.
- Barndiva is local, farm-fresh goodness in a plate. 231 Center Street
- Dry Creek KitchenCA’s contemporary menu is constantly changing and always delicious. 317 Healdsburg Avenue
- single wire offers a personalized eleven-course tasting menu that makes it a one-of-a-kind dining experience. 131 North Street
- Willi’s Seafood and Raw Bar is the place for fresh seafood (especially oysters!) and an amazing wine list. 403 Healdsburg Avenue
- Campo Fino offers revisited Mediterranean dishes. Be sure to try their pizzas! 220 Healdsburg Avenue
Exemplary accommodation is a big part of any unforgettable getaway, but what if guests could customize their own lush horticultural paradise, complete with hand-picked plants that are big on green-thumb authenticity and lavish sustainability. ? All of this (and more) can be found at the charming h2hotel Healdsburg gem, located in the beautiful surroundings of Sonoma wine country. With Hotel Haute’s “Living” Room package, guests can transform their already eco-friendly room into a charming, plant-filled lair for the ultimate retreat. Add in a plethora of on-site amenities and plenty of off-site activities, and guests will find the perfect balance of lush accommodations and all the relaxation and recreation of Sonoma County, right at their fingertips.