Luxury boutique hotel opens event space in Sonoma County
The Stavrand Russian River Valley, a newly renovated 21-room luxury hotel in Guerneville, California, has completed the final phase of its redesign and now offers 36,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space. The woman-owned property, a brand new addition to the former Applewood Inn, is situated on 6 acres of orchards, organic gardens, and redwood groves in the Sonoma County community.
“We are extremely proud to present our reimagined meeting and event spaces,” said Emily Glick, general manager and co-owner of Stavrand, former general manager of Kimpton Hotels. “We are now uniquely positioned to host intimate meetings, large corporate events and full property buyouts. The Stavrand feels digitally and geographically connected, while providing the illusion of retreating to a secluded redwood enclave.
The property can accommodate groups of up to 130 people, in a variety of multifunctional spaces, including three outdoor spaces and two flexible indoor rooms. Among the options:
- The 25,000 square feet Chief’s Meadow is surrounded by century-old pear and apple trees, planters and an expansive lawn filled with wildflowers.
- the Arbor has over 9,000 square feet of space on the upper level of the property, with a dramatic forest backdrop and a heart-shaped tree.
- Stavrand Room, a 1,000 square foot replica of the original family barn, is an indoor/outdoor space with an enclosed patio that overlooks the property and its yard.
- The central location court, which offers 900 square feet of space with two fireplaces, can accommodate dinner parties for up to 30 people or receptions for up to 75.
- the Solarium, a 500-square-foot space in Belden House for small groups, features a wood-burning fireplace, communal table, and dramatic windows.
The Stavrand has three guest house buildings, including the historic Belden House, a registered Sonoma landmark dating back to 1922. The hotel’s new owners have carefully renovated the entire grounds to retain and restore the original features. originals of neo-Mediterranean architecture. Modern amenities and contemporary furnishings complement a collection of antiques that have long been part of the property.
The hotel’s culinary program features California cuisine with an ever-changing menu using seasonal ingredients. On-site amenities include a poolside bar cart, signature outdoor yoga and spa treatments, evening fireside aperitifs, board games and lawn games, and lanterns for night walks through orchards and redwood groves. Guests get a free hot breakfast, free bikes to explore the area, free kayaks, inner tubes, and floats to enjoy the Russian River.